Swiss Bankers security information.
Scammers are constantly trying to obtain credit card data and login credentials to online banking accounts and payment services by phone, e-mail, text messages or other means. The methods they use are referred to as phishing. Protect yourself by looking out for simple ways to recognise fraud:
- Swiss Bankers and Mastercard will never ask you to disclose, change or confirm personal data such as card number, expiration date, card verification number, username or passwords.
- Never share your personal information by e-mail, text message, phone conversation or physical letter.
- Never click any links to login pages that ask for your username or password.
What you should do to protect yourself from phishing.
- Download the app, open it and add your card.
- Click Card Settings & PIN code.
- Use the app to block your card yourself or immediately report card misuse to customer service by phone or e-mail. Phone: +41 31 710 12 15. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you receive suspicious e-mails, ignore them or forward them to email@example.com. antiphishing.ch is operated by MELANI, the Reporting and Analysis Centre for Information Assurance of the Swiss Confederation. This is how you can contribute to the fight against phishing e-mails.